Inside this episode:
Mark Smith outlines 3 new proposed US legislation that will impact EPA regulations for all US operators. I give you the summary of each bill and what I think will be the impact on operators in the coming months/years:
- The Clean Energy Innovation and Deployment Act of 2021 establishes that electrical generators implement Zero-Emission Electricity Credit (ZEEC) trading system in 2023.
- H.R. 2801 –The METHANE Act of 2021 designed to reduce methane emissions by 90% by 2030.
- H.R.1492 – Methane Waste Prevention Act of 2021 – introduced by Dianne DeGette (CO) – also designed to reduce methane emissions by 90% by 2030.
- H.R. 2801 –The METHANE Act of 2021 Summary
- H.R. 1492 – Methane Waste Prevention Act of 2021
- TITLE II—ZERO-EMISSION ELECTRICITY STANDARD
Listen to the episode:
Mark Smith, CTO/CMO
Mark Smith has 25 years of experience in technology-focused digital marketing, publishing, and software development. He previously launched Windows NT Magazine, which was viewed by 1.5M IT professionals each month in 160 countries.
Mark is the host of Digital Roughnecks, a weekly video podcast for oil & gas professionals who lead digital transformation for the energy industry.